Friday 24 October 2008

That'll teach me to take my eye off the blog

just a blink, and weeks fly by! I've been tied up trying to free a block in my first attempt at a novel... well I say first attempt - that isn't counting the Regency Bodice Ripper I got to chapter 5 many years ago!! maybe I should dig out the notes and plough on, eh?

I have had some more flashes very kindly received, and I'll post tags for them later.

Thank you, one and all, for visiting here, and for your kind words re this site. I don't think I'll ever be a compulsive blogger, but it's nice to get out there and visit with y'all sometimes!

'Later!

2 comments:

Walt Giersbach said...

Keep slugging away at the novel, Avis. It's an endurance test--a marathon compared to the sprints of flash fiction.

Lord knows, I've started several, including one weighing in at 150,000 words. (Don't publishers pay by the pound?) Several shorter ones are currently in my desk drawer looking for asylum in a neutral place.

Avis HG said...

Hi Walt

Well she's getting there - up to 70,000 words and chapter 13 looms. But it's just the first thrash - the cutting out of the story. I have lots of ideas for the first revision - not sure if that's a good or bad thing! But I am stern with myself. No amendments until I've got the first pass down in total.

But it's very enjoyable and rewarding. I need to push through everyday stuff to get time to immerse myself. I can't just pick off half an hour or so.