Wednesday 27 May 2009

Neglected and Abandoned

I am afraid I have been most remiss in updating this blog. What with attending The London Book Fair, joining Facebook and writing the synopsis for yet another novel, in between fitting writing the flash stories I've been a bit busy. Well that's my excuse!

I also took part in The Midnight Walk around Ipswich. An 8 mile route, which proved to be so popular that instead of the hoped for 800+ women taking part (the organisers' target after last year's 200) - there were a staggering 2000+ of us!! The Walk was in aid of St Elizabeth's Hospice, and raised £100,000+. A great night's work.

My flash "Rite of Passage" was published on Backhand Stories on 9th May. Go and take a skeg. It's a coming of age piece.

3 comments:

Ella Blackhart said...

Yes, FaceBook is a great place to promote, but it's also a huge time waster when it comes to all those nifty applications they have!

Lovely to see you there though.

Well done with the Midnight Walk - that's quite an achievement in my book.

Congratulations on your acceptance in Backhand Stories. Keep up the good work!

Ella
X

Jenzarina said...

Hi Avis!

Well done on the Midnight Walk- sounds like a massive success!

I have added you onto my blog.
Jen x

Avis HG said...

Hi girls. Just stopped by and found your messages. Thanks for reading.